I was wanting a cool summer casual top to take on my holiday in a fortnights time so I dug out this New Look pattern and some voile from my stash. I love the colours purple and orange together!!
I completed view D that the model is wearing which has a pretty flounce across the top to add a little bit of interest. Now let me say top runs REALLY big. Usually I need to do a very substantial FBA and on this pattern I didn't do one at all. After it was sewn I realized I could have done a very small FBA and the fit would have been a little better, however, it is very comfortable and not pulling anywhere. I usually start with an 18 in the shoulders but on this I got away with a 14.
Sorry the photo isn't so good my lighting wasn't so great today and I tried to lighten the picture up.
On this pattern as with most I needed to take a tuck on the neckline as it wants to gape. Prior to putting on the binding it was sitting flat against my chest but after sewing on the binding it gaped all of a sudden. I am wondering if I stretched out the neckline when sewing the binding on. I purchased a bias stabalizing product yesterday from Spotlight (which was $14.95- YIKES) which I will try on my next garment. I am hoping to try sewing this up in a knit soon.
I made my usual shoulder adjustments on this pattern. I have very hyper extended shoulders so I always need to add extra on the front and take some off the back.
This is a nice basic pattern and very easy to sew up. I am sure I will be sewing this again and again in the future.