Sunday, September 25, 2011

New Look 6936

I made this dress a few months ago and wore it through winter with boots and a jacket but it is also great for our Spring weather. I wore it yesterday and thought I would do a little post about it.

This is an easy 2 hour knit pattern and even though it took me more than two hours that was mainly because of my fit issues. It is so easy it can definitely be a quick sew and I really liked how the elastic at the waist was done. They have you turn down the bodice seam allowance over the skirt and sew a casing and then thread the elastic through. This was very simple and worked well. I have since used this method in other garments I've made.


I will say this dress is quite low cut and in winter I wore a cami under it, now the weather is warming up I just make sure I have a bra that is lower cut and it is fine.  Pattern adjustments were my usual FBA, a high round back and shoulder adjustments. On my next go round I will have another look at the shoulders as they are falling forward a little bit. I loved the length on this dress -perfect for me!!
I WILL be making this dress again, maybe in a solid, as it is soooo comfortable to wear. I love the fact that I can just throw it on with a pair of sandals and run to the store and feel at least a little bit dressed. Plus being a knit there is no ironing and can be thrown in a suitcase for travelling. A win all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment